Not much going for Rathkeale by the looks of it. As my Ma would say, it seems a town "on its uppers".
I have rarely seen a place with so many boarded up shop-fronts & lack of commercial activity.
This video shows the main street on a Saturday evening about 6pm! Where are the shoppers? Where are the shops?!
It's a pity because otherwise it seems a clean & tidy place. But something has undercut Rathkeale. I wonder what it is?
Gross Domestic Happiness (Ireland)
- Vindicated..? Relieved..? Happy..? Dismayed..?!
- Liz is getting in the mood.
- "I bid farewell to Carlingford" ... but I'll be ba...
- On the totem trail .. a stroll around Kenmare, Co....
- Saw this Nazi knife in a shop in Killarney.
- GE11 is finally here. Time to pee or get off the p...
- Running from Kenmare to Killarney (Wild West Run 2...
- Like things my sister used on her homework journal...
- Happy St.Hallmark Day!
- Ich bin ein Irelander!